Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 BEST PORTRAITS

For my 2nd set of best photos, I'd like to show you my best portraits (classic and photojournalistic) for this year.

I became more interested in people this year due to this newly found passion. Before I thought I was the worst when it came to portraiture but it turns out I'm that bad at all. It seems I've somehow developed my own style. Not sure if I'm good with the classic posed portraits or the candids. Honestly speaking, both styles have different impacts on me.

 Classic Portraits -at 1st I though I suck at this big time! But with thorough practice, imagination and genuine interest in people, I believe I have improved a lot. It really pays to persevere. A portrait for me is more than just a pretty face or a smile....it's mainly about 2 important factors... the subject and the photographer.
Subject: the success of a portraits lies on the relationship of the model to his/her photographer. The better rapport you have, the more relaxed and natural it'll look. My aim is always to bring out each person's character, innermost desires/thoughts and experiences as written in their faces. Portraits are very private I believe..for me, I feel that my subjects have this certain level of trust in me for allowing me to take a glimpse of their soul. It's not all about the colors or what the eyes can perceive... it's way way beyond that... I think this is what makes it sooo fascinating.

I believe this is one of my 1st good portraits of Krissy. I wanted to bring out her "kikay" personality

 I'm very proud of this photo.. it looks so glam! Sophisticated look achieved. Our photos from this pictorial enabled her to enter the finals for this shampoo contest. So so proud of my work!

 I like the colors and the editing of this one... looks magical! She looks like a goddess

 I love the spontaneity of this shot.  I find it very funny. It sure brings back memories from our visit to the zoo. She was so terrified with our feathered friend.

 This photo is truly a winner! This is very special because this was my 1st attempt to ever join a photo contest.. and it won 1st place! I remember how I felt that day... it motivated me a lot to better my craft.

 A raw photo from my 1st portrait class with sir Nicolay. I never bothered editing it coz it's perfect as it is...
 A very playful photo of Buchak... I'm very good with kids but so far, this is my only formal shoot with a child. I hope to have more next year.
A glam pose from Krissy during our fun shoot at circle. I think is photo looks very fresh.


Photojournalistic - Honestly speaking, I feel more fulfilled with candids due to its honesty. Nothing beats true emotions and it takes a skilled eye and finger to click that shutter at the right time. I love the fact that they were not aware when I took them... this is what you get from following your instincts... a photo which shows a person's innermost feelings and desires... The following photos are very meaningful to me...

 natural....

 what a day for a daydream....

hopeful...

support....

A very emotional shot taken at a very solemn moment...

 A photo of mom from one of our lunch dates... both of us are tea drinkers. It was a fine afternoon and I'm glad to have spent it with her.

 My contemporary in photography and one of my favorite portrait photographers Frank.. I think this is a classic one since it's rare to capture him with a serious face. Leaves me often wondering what was going on his mind during this time.. hmmmm

 I took this one by accident.... I wanted to get some really raw emotions during this time (La Salle Bombing).

a
 A candid photo of the playful princess Buchak

 I felt how the person she's waiting for mattered to her life a lot.

 A proud  loving father waiting for his child to finish the Bar exam. I can feel how he worked so hard to send his kid to school.. Nothing beats the love and sacrifice a parent gives for the future of his children.
 Though they are looking, I consider this still candid because I took this really quick. They were just so happy to be safe from harm after the commotion.

I feel very happy to see my friend fulfilling his dream. So full of potential. I believe he's a more talented photographer than I am because this is what he really wanted for a long time. He was the one who influenced me to try photography.


I hope to capture more and more emotions and precious moments.... I feel so blessed to have this gift in me. I feel very thankful that I'm able to share my talents to the world.
I wonder what my 2011 photos will look like....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...