Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Food At Its Simplest Form

Of all the various cuisines and restos I've reviewed and tried no matter how cheap or expensive they may be, still, nothing beats good old fashioned home cooking! Yes! I have such adventurous tastebuds!! I eat almost anything edible except for insects! I'm not into the far out exotic ones such as worms, snakes, seahorses, scorpions, monkey brains, bull testicles etc for I prefer keeping my sanity intact! hehehe

If there is one downside in being a food blogger/connoisseur, I believe it would be the "image" of the writer being luxurious and very picky in choosing what to eat. I find it so ridiculous... how can an adventurous foodie like me become picky over food? I don't get it! Probably, people think I only prefer eating at fine expensive restos... I guess that's really it! It's a big misconception which I would like to correct as early as now!

Let me tell you what I had for lunch today....

Does this look luxurious to you? Think again!

As what I said a while ago, nothing really beats good old pinoy home cooking!

Pinakbet is one of the many Pinoy dishes which I consider really delicious! I used to hate eating veggies when I was young especially okra but now, I have learned to appreciate it as well as its nutritive value!
One of the reasons why I like Pinakbet is because 2 of my favorite veggies are in it.... the eggplant and squash! This dish is not expensive at all! Oh by the way, I do have another version of this dish. I call it INIHAW NA PINAKBET (grilled Pinakbet) which I learned when I was in 3rd grade.. I know it sounds far out insane but it's true!.. not to mention tastes really great! hihihiihihi You should really try my recipes!


I always eat Pinakbet with fried fish! I love fried Tilapia and Galunggong! Needs no explaining! I just really love it! I love seafood but I am allergic to certain fishes such as Tambakol and Tulingan. I almost died years ago when my bf that time served fried Tambakol for dinner. I ended up with a bloated head and could hardly breathe in the ER. After that incident, I promised to NEVER EVER eat that fish again!

Also in this picture, you see 3 slices of my favorite processed luncheon meat called MALING! hihii I like the premium one for it has less extenders as compared to the regular one. Crispy fried Maling never fails to put a smile on my face! =)

What are my other favs?
In the coming days, I'd like to feature more of my favorite pinoy dishes such as Tortang Talong, Fried Talong with Bagoong, Pork Giniling, Monggo Guisado, Arroz ala Cubana, Laing, Kare-Kare, Paksiw, Fried dried fishes etc! Waaaaaahhh thinking of them makes me so hungry! hihihi

I am 100% human! I dislike it when people would brand me as an elitist or "maselan" for I know I'm not. I don't really care what others say anyway.

*sigh*  I miss cooking! For the holidays, I plan to prepare some grilled dishes like kebabs and seafood with some salad enjoyed over white wine which I plan to share! It's gonna be a garden bbq party again so I'm quite excited! Planning a menu for mom can really cause headaches for she tends to be soooo fickle minded! I remember her changing the entire menu on the day itself! phew! Nothing really fancy for Christmas... simplicity is the best... the people you eat with are the most important!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...