Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Monochromatic World

I had another memorable photography class with Sir Nicolay last weekend. He's really a very effective teacher because his lectures really go right straight to my often distracted brain. hehehe Kidding aside, I like his teaching method a lot not to mention the kick ass photos which he features in his lectures. It makes me wanna aim to better my craft.

Anyway, the subject this time was about Black and White Photography (Monochromatic). He also taught us on how to shoot in RAW.

For this session we had to bring our laptops for the editing class.

The lecture was followed by an  activity in which we were asked to shoot in Raw and Monochrome.
The editing part was superb! Very very satisfied! Sir Nicolay even told me that my shots have
improved a lot! He gave me very honest views and tips on how to make the pictures look more dramatic!


I enjoyed the activity well! Here are some of my shots from start to finish..

I was drawn to this window as soon as I stood up. It was actually a blue colored window and I got curious on how it'll look in black and white.

Here I am once again with my fascination with silverwares. I love the reflections and how the light touches them. Simple yet very elegant!


This pattern looks very chic! Who would think that this is just an ordinary place mat?

The patterns found on the seats were also very nice.
When I went out the cafe to shoot outdoors, this is what I saw first..
Beautiful reflection...

I've always been very curious about cigars but never really had the guts to smoke regularly.

I've tried it only a few times but it really isn't for me. I value my health a lot! =)

A new found feline friend. He was "meowing" at me while I was talking photos. I think he wants to have his photo taken so here it is.... hehehehe
There's something about animals (particularly cats) and me that I cannot explain. All I know is that we have some sort of "language" which we both understand. Too difficult for normal people to understand perhaps.

The Walis Ting-ting shot from a different angle. Art is indeed everywhere and can be found even in the most unexpected places. I love everything about it!

It was drizzling outside so I had to wait for a moment. I got curious with these raindrops. I'm glad I was able to capture the ripples. Hmmm..  I find this photo quite emotional. It's really about missing someone...I imagine the ripples as teardrops from my eyes =(

A proof that even a dirty surface can be beautiful. I like the various gray tones in this photo.

hmmm Sir Nicolay thought there was something wrong with the angle of my shot here.. I do agree! I guess I was focusing on the sky more. He did like how I edited the sky though. Looks spooky!

 When I looked below, I found this puddle and got curious of the textures in it.
One of the joys in being a photographer is that you become extra aware of your surroundings... you become more appreciative of your universe.

The sun eventually said hello so I took advantage of the shadow which it gave me!
I like this a lot 'coz it just shows that I don't need to show my pearly whites to tell the world how happy I am.... not to mention the fact that I always got the sun on my back to help me shine!!! hihihi


True beauty~ doesn't really lie on the brilliance of colors which are seen by the naked eye. Sometimes I believe that seeing too many colors tend to confuse us with what we should be really looking at.





~Simplicity is Beauty~
I felt very proud of my shots this day. It really pays to hone your skills regularly and studying hard. So after that session, I had to treat myself to a good meal for a job well done! hihii

To be a pro is my aim for now. I'm quite happy with my cam no matter how basic it may be. I wanna maximize it well and would like to be appreciated not by the kind of camera or equipment which I use but with the artistry and emotions which I convey in each shot.

I hope you enjoyed this entry!


For those of you who would like to learn photography, I highly recommend my teacher James Nicolay!
Enroll now!!!

6 comments:

  1. simplicity sublimes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Mae, ;)
    Galing2 naman! Ganda! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity is beauty....You are so simple but a very deep person....We've met for a short time but I am blessed that our roads met...Thanks for the warm friendship...Thanks for the trust and concern...I won't forget you...My prayer is that you'll find someone who will love you truly for who and what you are....God bless^^ Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you teacher Leslie for you friendship and warm words! Naappreciate ko talaga and I consider you as a blessing in my life! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...