Sunday, May 1, 2011

Maggie Turns 1!!!

Happy Birthday Maggie
This weekend was extra special....

I finally found the time to celebrate the 1st birthday of my camera Maggie! I know it may look insane.. Why the hell do I have to celebrate an object's birthday?.. and why did I give my camera a name in the 1st place? In Filipino, I'd say, "PAKE MO?" (Why should you care?") Hehehehe

Many people have asked me for quite some time and my answer would always be the same. I give names to my things because I treat them as my friends. I value them a lot because I worked hard to afford them with my own sweat and tears. As I've written in my past entries, I don't have many possessions. I'm not a big fan of the latest gadgets. I'm not luxurious when it comes to fashion. I only buy the things which I know are essential for my development. I choose practicality over style.

Anyways, as you know, I've been working like crazy lately. Last week, I thought I was gonna die. I already had some dreams wherein people were telling me I was gonna do so (probably due to soaring stress levels). Fortunately, with enough moral support and optimism... I'm still A-OK! I'm actually starting to enjoy it! I'm learning a lot of valuable lessons (I will write a separate article about it). It was not until I saw my payslip when I realized, I earned a few extra cash. I can somehow save extra now to buy extra stuff for my hobbies and to make mum happy!
mum 
For Maggie's 1st birthday, I've decided to buy a new sleeker bag. I wasn't satisfied by the big bulky ugly bag from Nikon. It looked too obvious that I was carrying a camera so I find it unsafe to bring outside. I bought a triangular camera sling bag fit for my telefoto lens. Also, I bought a huge 5 in 1 reflector so I can take better outdoor shots next time! I'm so excited for my next outdoor shoot! I must invite Krissy again! I'm currently trying to watch some instructional videos on how to use reflectors... I believe I need to try it out myself.
my gifts: a new bag and reflector

perfect fit!

Hmmmm Another reason why I wanted to earn extra is because, I wanna get more equipment coz I'm planning to study intermediate photography at the university. I know I still have to learn a lot!

Mom was also happy for me because I finally bought these stuff. She has always been very supportive of my endeavors. She told me she's happy that I turned out to be more than she expected... a very responsible and talented yet down to earth person (aaawwww! makes me wanna cry). She felt proud because she knows how hard I worked to afford them. I don't earn a lot you see, so I do my best to get other means to get by. It may be hard, but it's all worth it!

Before going home, we dropped by my favorite cake shop to buy a small cake for Maggie so the celebration would look real! heheeh I immediately took pictures as soon as we got home!
Mum was very excited about the whole thing! Her wish for me was that for me to save enough to buy a new lens or another camera. She hopes I can be a successful photographer in the coming days. (Wow! Thanks Ma!)
the birthday cake
mum enjoyed the cake a lot!

I know that Maggie may not be the best dslr camera out there, but I may say that I learned so many things by using her. Her lack of extra features pushed me to study more to achieve better shots. Maggie taught me to persevere, be patient and be more appreciate of the world around me. We also shared countless adventures (just look at my God knows how many albums on facebook) since I bought her last year. My life had an upheaval upon her arrival, and I will never be the same =)
one proud mum as well

I know there will be more and more adventures in the coming days..... I know there will be more good memories........

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...