Saturday, May 14, 2011

31 Lessons

31? u must be kidding me!
As I add another year to my crazy beautiful life, I couldn't help but reflect on the things which I've learned as well as the things which I'm thankful for. =)

I didn't live an easy life.... but I may say that those ups and downs have made this 31-year existence really remarkable with all the places I've seen, struggles surpassed and people whom I have crossed paths with. Each with their own lessons to learn and memories to keep.

I know I'm far from being a life expert ( and I don't intend to be one). I know I still have a lot of things to learn and lessons to share. I'm thankful for having established a good reputation over the years by being a role model to some. I'm grateful that many people appreciate my works and value the advices which I give them.

So for this week's entry, I've decided to list down and share to you 31 valuable life lessons/realizations which I learned over the years...


1. .. that VICTORY is much SWEETER when you worked hard to achieve it

2. .. that problems must be dealt HEAD ON.

3. .. that we must learn to be RESPONSIBLE for our actions.. face them with a head up high

live, love and laugh
4. .. we may claim and think that other people always try to pull us down and never want to see us succeed  but the truth is.... the only person hindering us is only OURSELVES

5. .. that GENUINE KINDNESS goes a looooong way

6. .. that we should never be afraid to say I LOVE YOU and show people how much we care!

7. .. that we should learn to APPRECIATE and value the people who choose to stay with us

8. .. age doesn't equal to wisdom. There are many elders who are still shallow and immature

9. .. that we should always make our parents PROUD and feel loved. Family first!


10. .. that saying sorry is never an act of weakness. we should never be ruled by selfish pride

11. .. physical beauty fades in time..so building a strong foundation of friendship is a lasting bond

12. .. always strive to live with HONESTY. It really pays to live a life with INTEGRITY.

13. .. strive to know yourself and develop your innate gifts, always spend alone time with yourself to clear your thoughts and ponder

14. .. that TIME is so precious that we should spend it wisely

appreciate the people around you
15. .. always keep in mind that whenever you're DOWN,  there's no other way to go but UP!!!!

16. ..that we must learn on how to control ourselves especially with the things which we
        know are harmful for us.

17. ..we must know when to fight as well as on how to gracefully accept defeat

18. .. that our most valuable asset is our MIND. We should invest in our minds more than our bodies.

19. .. that we should never settle for less.  We all deserve to be treated well!

20. .. that we must choose our friends WISELY and the people we tell our secrets to

21. .. that we must strive to have a least 1 worthwhile hobby  to make life more exciting

22. .. that it's never too late to develop a skill. Age is just a number!

23. .. that sex is GOOD and a SACRED act!

24. .. that we should always reward ourselves for working hard and being good

25. .. that we should always carry a pocketful of CONFIDENCE anywhere we go

26. ..that we don't have control over other people but only ourselves

value relationships
27. .. that we should never underestimate people or judge a person with what they wear... every person having a decent job deserves RESPECT

28. .. keeping a low profile and staying HUMBLE is best! Nothing beats a simple life!

29. .. that we should stay LOYAL and faithful to relationships which are worth keeping

30. .. that you should not be afraid to stand up for what you BELIEVE in

31. .. that being BEAUTIFUL is a choice, and that we should always choose it!

in full bloom

31 years..... but it seems I've just started living. I know I have a long long way to go. More people to meet...
more lives to touch..
.......but with only one set of lips to kiss. 

If there is something I'd like to promise myself right now... I believe that would be
to never stop trying...
to never stop hoping...
to never stop dreaming and to

NEVER stop LOVING!


and the journey goes on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...