Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Holiday!

lunch at Pizza Hut
Let me tell you on how I celebrated my birthday this year....

You see, days before the big day, I felt very down. I'm used to having the birthday blues. I dunno... probably 'coz I have this feeling that no one would remember me etc....I know it ain't true (just look at the greetings a got on my wall. I even suffered from a migraine that day due to too much text messages).

It wasn't until May 9th that I thought of an agenda for the big day. I had a couple of plans... I wanted to go to a hat factory to buy a chic fascinator. I even tried calling some restos for table reservations but deep inside, I really didn't know what to do. All I knew that time was I wanted to be with the right people and that I wanted that day to be stress free and simple.

May 10th came and I was glad that the sun came out finally after the recent typhoon which came to the country! I invited Badeth to have lunch and hopefully think of something to do. I felt glad when she told me Frank was to join us after his shift. I really thought he won't make it. Too bad Michelle couldn't join us due to some family matters.
Anyway, and so there we were, the 3 of us... hanging out at Pizza Hut Bistro, chowing on some Carbonara Pizza, Raviolis and Cheese Puffs while chatting like crazy and shared some good laughs.
cheese puffs

I'm glad Badeth came

ravoili

carbonara pizza


havin' a great time...

After eating, Frank invited us to the arcade. I may say, it's been a long time since I last went to the arcade so what the heck!? I'm always game for anything! He mentioned about this game that was addicting.... I felt excited and a little scared for I knew he would easily influence us to be addicts as well! hehehe
The 3 of us happily marched down the arcade and as soon as we entered, he asked me to pick the prize I wanted. I picked the cute pig stuffed toy 'coz it looked so cuddly! hehehehe Frank then had some  bills converted into 1 peso coins and we were all set!
I used to be a Doraemon fan...

picking my gift...

weeeee! so hapeee!!

frank with his magic coin!

meet Booby!!

And yes! As expected.... we were instantly hooked! ahahahaha we inserted the coins one by one as the machine rolled out its tickets. We were dead serious to get as many as we could! ahahahahah after God knows how long, we finally decided to stop and gathered all the tickets!! Weeeeee!! I think we got more than 3500 points so he asked me to pick another prize! Yey! Yey!! This time, I chose the cute garfield doll! I got 2 dolls that day! Thanks to Frank and Badeth! I named the pig Booby and the garfield doll after Frank!
with coach

we won a couple of these

heheheh evidence

highly addictive

keep em coming!!!

Booby was thrilled!!!

certified  addicts!!
waaaahhh loads of tickets!

hehehehe

I can't believe we got all these

busy counting the tickets

woooohoooo! my 2nd doll! Meet Frank and Booby!

When I got home, mom gave me her gift. It was a simple emerald rosary. She chose emerald after the gem for my birth month. It was lovely and I liked it a lot. Of course she gave it to me so I will never forget to call on God.
never run out of faith

Friday came and it was time to treat my team for some afternoon snacks...
I ordered a special local noodle dish called Pancit Lucban at a famous Pancit Lucban resto along with some other finger foods. We bought some balloons and placed it on our stations. I wanted to hold a mustache party but I didn't find enough free time to make some mustaches that day. Anyway, the day turned out to be great! I also got some gifts from them...
a simple feast

delicious pancit Lucban


my birthday card filled with wishes

me and my officemate Ace


with my boss Elly

with kuya Albert!

with Naomi!
the gifts I got... a hat and a glam necklace

I believe with the huge amount of friends I have, this is gonna be a month long celebration for sure! hehehe
I got teary eyed when I saw the greetings and wishes of friends and supporters on my facebook wall. I was really touched! I really felt loved!
31 is the new 21

Age is just a number... I'm thankful to have reached this age. I'm thankful because I'm physically and mentally stable. I'm thankful because I have a set of friends to die for. I don't really feel old and all my friends tell me I don't look like 31 at all due to the happy vibe I got! I wonder what's in store for me this year....

Plans? yeah I do.... but not grand ones for now. I'm just taking it easy. I'm even at a point wherein I feel I wanna retire from singing on stage and just write songs instead. I wanna be more serious is taking pictures for now... my aim is to be more simple and be more true to myself. Gone are the days where I always grave for weekend gimmiks, gigs and alcohol. Nowadays, I'm rediscovering the homebody in me. I'm happy doing chores and cooking meals for friends. Last year, I wanted to be so glam and fab but this time, I just wanna stick on where I'm comfortable... to stay as simple yet sophisticated as possible. Simplicity is elegance...


I just wanna be ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...