Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mayo Got Krissyfied.....

am I blooming or what?
I love making people feel special. I don't possess a lot of material things...but I do opt to get the things which I know will make me grow.
1st shoot with Krissy

I value connections rather than collections. I may not have all the things that money can buy but I am proud to say that I do have the best group of pals which one could ever have. They are my earth angels, my pillars of strength. Due to the happiness and love which they fill me with, I made a vow to myself to always be there for them and support them. This week, I'd like to feature another good friend of mine. A fellow blogger and my one and only kikay friend Krissy!

To give you a little background, Kristel a.k.a. Krissy was introduced to me by guess who? hehehehe Uncle Frank again! yey! You see, after Frank and I got in-touch again last year, my network of friends started multiplying! Frank is indeed fortunate to have lots of great people around him, I'm also happy that I got to know most of them. I heard that long before Krissy and I met, Frank has already mentioned me and my blog to her. He knew perhaps that we'd click due to our very talkative nature. Our first bonding if I'm not mistaken was when I visited her place with then roommate Mami Sha in Roosevelt, QC. I just started learning on how to use my camera that time. She's actually my 1st model right after my Portraits 101 class with Sir Nicolay. Our 1st informal shoot was very casual yet pleasant. I got the chance to get to know her and build a photographer-model rapport. I'm glad she liked my shots. A few months after that, we finally scheduled our 1st formal shoot at UP Diliman along with Watcher Concepcion then after a few months again, scheduled another shoot this time with Frank at the Quezon Memorial Circle.
during our 1st formal shoot at UP

me teaching Krissy to look fierce!! Grroowwll!!
i love this very candid shot

As time went by, this photographer/model relationship bloomed into a very beautiful friendship. Aside from photo shoots, she'd sometimes invite me to her blog events. I don't really read other blogs (too lazy) but I really enjoy reading hers! I also got the chance to meet lots of beautiful people because of her! You see, Krissy and I are very different in many ways. We have different tastes in fashion, food, music etc yet still, she's one of the top girlfriends on my list perhaps because when we talk, we can relate to each other very well. Furthermore, I believe we have a lot of respect for one another. With her, like my other girlfriends, I can talk sense. She knows how to listen and gives wise insights on the topics which we discuss. I will never forget the time when we both cried while inside the bus during one of our girl talks. ("iyakan sa bus") =) 
at the Candy Fair!
Sugar overload with the girls..
hanging around in her pad
A couple of weeks ago, I was then again visited by good old misery. I thought I was gonna lose it! I knew I needed help and she suddenly crossed my mind for I knew she would understand. I contacted her and luckily, she was about to watch a movie with her other girlfriends (Mich and Flex) and she invited me to join. Over dinner, I told her my grief. I was touched when I learned she hardly had any sleep, yet chose to listen to me that day. I really appreciate what she did. She made me feel I wasn't alone. I found a friend in her =)
life saver!!
Last weekend, I invited her to my favorite date place. I wanted to spend time with her because I heard she had a tough time again the other week. After her shift last Sunday, I took her to Cubao Expo. Bellini's is still #1 in my list due to its authentic feel, great ambiance and superb service! I believe this place is for special people so I really wanted to treat her here as expression of my gratitude and to celebrate our friendship! As soon as we entered, I requested the waiter to give us the best seat in the house!!!! Too bad they ran out of Sweet Wine AArrrggghh (every authentic Italian experience ain't complete without wine)!! We ordered pasta, pizza and a huge slice of the best god damn fudge cake I've ever tasted ( I didn't like the racist name though)! Also, my favorite waiter Randy gave us free shots of dessert wine on the house! Weeee (it really pays to have lots of acquaintances!)!! We had such a great time in experiencing those dishes together, taking photos and of course talking about life in general! The whole experience was splendid!


Ohhhh lala!!
havin' a great time!
authentic emotions..
The Seafood olo Scoglio tasted really nice!!
"ang Sarap!!"
Meet Randy, the headwaiter!
Randy gave us free dessert wine!! On the house!!
pinky up as always!!

It's really nice to have a circle of trusted friends to watch your back. Sometimes, I couldn't help but wonder why guys fail to see how valuable we are.... perhaps we are reserved for someone really deserving! Right now I believe we are in this stage of self-awareness or cultivation (as I'd like to call it). Like budding flowers with lots of space to grow... waiting to bloom.
shot during our photo session at the Quezon Memorial Circle
a perfect afternoon indeed!

Like any good friend, of course I would hate to see her cry... but in my case, I wouldn't mind seeing her grieve once in a while because I'd like her to  go through tough times and learn  life's lessons in order to grow. The only way to learn is to actually experience it! I believe we all have to learn things the hard way to enable us level-up and  be stronger. I know that there are yet tougher times and tears to shed but the thought of having people like her (as well as Mitch, Badeth, Frank etc) to catch you makes your existence more meaningful. =)

Thank You Krissy for being an earth angel to me! For listening, for sharing those tears, great conversations as well as for sharing your dreams and allowing me to catch a glimpse of your soul in the wonderful photos you've given me. I look forward in more great times with you! Thank You!!

3 comments:

  1. Awww Ate Mae!!! You made me cry, but in a good way! Thank youuuu! I really value you and our friendship! Love you much, and I can't wait for more bonding moments with you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...