Saturday, January 22, 2011

"ME" Time in Corregidor

Last weekend, my elementary school bestfriend Joanne and I went on a weekend trip to the historical island of Corregidor. It's actually my 2nd visit. 2 years ago, I was with my bf then.  I remember telling myself that I will definitely visit again someday. I believe that this was the perfect time to pay a visit once again in order to make new and better memories in this island. At last, I am now able to go the places which I've made memories with an ex lover. Finally... I was ready!

Why Corregidor? Aside from offering an insanely cheap package tour, I may say that I just simply fell in-love with the place due to the sense of "peace" it gives me. It's the best place to escape the chaos in the city. Here, I can sleep soundly and relax to the max. I feel very safe in this place. Also, the people are genuinely kind so you will definitely feel at home.
It may be a small island but the place is screaming with stories of war. Many people fear about the ghosts but honestly, I never saw any during my trips there.

One thing I love about this recent visit is that now, I have my dslr and knowledge in photography so I was able to take lots of photos.

I believe I should cut the talkies and go straight to the photos. No captions this time!!

 The night before the trip, we stayed a nearby hotel to save time and energy

We were the 1st ones to arrive at the terminal



ready to board



our vessel


boarding time


hmmm 1st memory.. during my 1st trip we sat at the 1st 2 seaats at the 1st row


feeling sleepy...



i used to hate posing in front of the cam, but now, I'm not afraid to look at myself anymore


there were many Japanese tourists that day


A Japanese man watching a documentary about Corregidor



checking out the nice weather


A photo worth a thousand words....



waaaahhhh finally!


we were assigned to Tramvia #


Meet Roberto: our loony tour guide


beside one of the many ruins


i believe this is a great shot for pre-nups... I'm kinda fascinated with the rule of thirds


Joane beside one of the many batteries



did I you know I used to be a bird in my past life? lols


hmmm traces from the war



the whole island is full of these


always ready to strike a pose




I just realized how useless keychains are


travel travel! i wanna roam around the world!


simple



boing boing!


here I am doing my thing!


a jumpshot a day, drives stress away!





chillaxing!











having my moment



inside the famous Malinta Tunnel


spooky!



how many ghosts do u see?


the super delicious adobo sa gata



lunch buffet at the hotel


Buddha shrine at the Japanese Memorial


hail ye God of Ska!




our cozy hotel room!



I miss this place!


our dinner at a local resto outside the hotel

The next day....


hotel food is soooo expensive!



our room 2 yrs ago...

and so the journey begins...


Rock Balancing: a common activity at the island


my favorite shot with a profound meaning for me


just testing the waters


watching my feet get wet


I love these cheap sandals.. they make my feet look sexy


goofing around at the helipad


lookin fab as ever! I like wearing brown for I believe it compliments my skintone


at the hotel


Next activity: Zipline!


ohhhhh I'm a Zipline newbie!! Will I survive?


Joane getting ready!


Don't be fooled with the smile! I was dead scared that time!


Que Sera sera!


Joane pretending to be ok


I did it!!! teka! baket ang ganda ko?


panic!


dami pa dahilan!! itulak na yan!!!


because of my bravery, they gave me a free ride this time with Maggie!


a priceless feeling!! you should try it!


meters away...


wwweeeeeee i love it!!


it was a windy day!!



the hotel!


on our way to the cafe


I insisted we dine al fresco style (outside)

the object of my obsession


simple food+a grand scene= the shiznit!


halos nililipad ang mga plato!



ansarap! homemade cheeseburger!







awww!!! I wanna stay!


I will definitely come back!

don't mess with the queen or else!



the waves were sooo strong everybody got scared!


safe at last!


a sweet ending for a grand journey!

I actually thought that I could write during my stay but my mind was too relaxed  that it just ordered me to clear my mind and sleep whenever I had the opportunity. I thought I was gonna feel emo or sentimental but I was surprised that  I just really enjoyed the sites and the whole experience. I didn't feel like reflecting or writing anything during the whole stay.

It's nice to travel with a trusted friend. We talked mostly about our own experiences in life and I realized that eventhough we have a lot of differences, we are also the same in many ways. We both enjoyed our respective "ME" times and I believe it contributed a lot in getting to know myself more. I guess the highlight of my stay was I was able to replace the old memories with better ones. =)

Am I gonna go back here again? Definitely if time and budget permits! Oh and if you're planning for a nice valentine date? Corregidor is just perfect for all you love suckers out there!!

8 comments:

  1. i love the photos!!! never been to corregidor but seeing your photos made me want to go there! such a historical place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanep! fully documented ;)will definitely go back

    ReplyDelete
  3. uy, matagal ko ng gustong pumunta jan... ang ganda ng mga pics.. naku, kelangan makapunta nko ... heheheh... -flor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel, punta na tayo.. pa book na tyo next week! heheheh -flor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mae!!!! chika tyo maya!!! gusto ko ito!!!- Lani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magkano kaya budget papunta jan? Ang ganda!!! I think my sister and I will enjoy it. Sana pasok sa budget ko, hehehe... -- Ms. CORYPOTo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. salamat sa comments nyo!
    gusto nyo ipon tyo! we deserve some R&R and this is the best place to stay. 2500 lang ang whole package. roundtrip fare, island tour, buffet lunch at overnight stay na!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mae how much zipline nila?- lani

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...