Monday, January 3, 2011

The Reward Thyself Challenge #1

Life can sometimes be a drag so when things become a boring routine, we ought to shake it up a little. So to start the year, I’d like to shake this blog a little and dare YOU, yes YOU to join me for a little challenge which I call The REWARD THYSELF 2011 Challenge. It’s quite simple….

I will be posting 1 challenge per week. If you’re up to it, you’re most welcome to join!  And for those of you who would like to keep their privacy, I will not post your entries on my blog unless you want me too ok? I believe this will be a cool and interactive challenge since the main aim is to reward ourselves and feel good! I will be giving away a reward with every challenge.

I’ve always believed in seeking pleasure… not by being luxuriously impractical but by kicking up the ordinary things a notch higher.  I’d hear people telling me how “sosyal” I am… lols! I find it really funny! I don’t buy designer stuff…I don’t have a car…. I don’t attend social events aside from ska gigs and I don’t hang-out with brainless fashionistas. I guess the main reason why they call me as such is due to my taste on things and the gestures that I make…. I don’t really go for the common ones and probably I was raised by my parents to behave in such a ladylike manner. Being sophisticated isn’t really about what you wear or how you look like… I believe it’s on how one thinks, moves and talks… how we carry ourselves in short. And it isn’t mastered overnight. 

 No matter what you wear, may it be just plain tees or old shorts and flops, your natural elegance will still shine if you have it in you. Believe me, I’ve seen a lot of people trying really hard to be trendy and stuff, yet still, I find them cheap. Ouch! hihihihi

In this endless pursuit for pleasure and happiness, I’d like to share to you some little secrets to feel happy and have a more meaningful life on a regular basis…

Since these tips are quite a lot, I intend to feature only a tip at a time so you have something to look forward to in the following days. Also the aim is to give you a chance to focus on it and do it for yourself. Here are some of the things which we should have and aim to have … I

A camera- any camera will do. I believe most people already have their own cams may it be a simple phone cam to the latest dslr. No matter how simple it may be, the purpose is still the same. Life is about memories and at the end of the day… we all have but memories to keep. So often take your cam with you and be sure to capture those moments while you still can and be sure to look at them often to remind you about that person and the time you had. Take photos of the food which you enjoy a lot. If you wanna get good vibes, take happy pictures… smiles, people, food… abundance! Have it framed on your wall to attract abundance in your life and be grateful for each experience!
It's really all about GRATITUDE!!

Let me give you an example of my shots from the holidays...

The day after Christmas, I had a dinner date with my elementary school bestfriend Joane at Mr Kebab.


I always order keema with eggplant, hummus (pureed chickpeas), motabal (pureed eggplant) and 1 pita bread. What I usually do is I tear a piece of pita, put some keema then dip it on the motabal and hummus plus some garlic and hot sauce.


After that filling dinner, we went to this new found spot also at the Techno Hub called Mikedees which serves quite affordable cocktails. Ideal as a date place as it is not that expensive, the interiors are very mod and most of all, it ain't a noisy place so it's perfect for chatting with your special someone or with friends.
 
Very cool ambiance...


 I had this strawberry mint mojito... very refreshing!


 Before calling it a night, Joane and I had coffee and dessert at my preferred cafe, The Coffee Bean and Teaf Leaf. I'm not really a Starbucks person and I seldom visit cafes but whenever I do, this is where I would go.


 Cheesecake: my ultimate weakness. Whoever wants to win my heart could start by giving me a slice of any cheesecake! hihihihii


Whenever I have the means, I never fail to buy my favorites as my reward to myself. I'm a regular tea drinker. I drink a cup of green tea every morning.

here's a typical morning scene...

I'm a sucker for cheese... I believe I can survive by just eating bread and cheese everyday.. seriously!I'm not really picky, I do love our local pan de sal but sometimes, I like rewarding myself with some french baguette (toasted) and with pieces of cheese. I find this so classy!!!


My favorite cheese is the Emmental... but it's too pricey tsk tsk
 so I settled for my other faves...
 Edam with chili... I love the "kick" in this cheese! It's just like the classic Queso de Bola but with bits of hot chili.

 Awwww the divine feta in olive oil, italian herbs and olives... You should really try it!!! I swear!!! This can also be great with your vegie salads and can even be a side dish to any fried meat!



Challenge 1
Let me make this clear. This aint a photo contest and it won’t be judged by the quality of the pic but more on how meaningful it is to YOU.

I’d like for you to take out your cams and take 3 photos..

When I show up wearing no make-up on, it means I'm very comfortable with you
1.  A freshly taken portrait of you and write how you currently feel about yourself.

2. A photo of your favorite food and the reason why it's your favorite

3. A photo of the person you enjoy talking with. I don't care who it may be as long as you tell me why this person is special to you. Tell me how you feel whenever you're together


 just email me your  3 entries along with the write-ups (English or Taglish is ok) to  eamska@gmail.com

DEADLINE will be on Jan 7, 2011 (Friday) at 11:59pm

Prize: An afternoon with me over a Free cup of coffee/tea and a slice of cake at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
I will be waiting for your entries

1 comment:

  1. I WILL grab this opportunity...hahaha...basta b magiging mentor kita eh...hehe!!!..d muna q magcicityville...pag iisipan q mabuti para aq manalo!!!I WILL win this!.haha..un ang attitude!..henya ka talaga!^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...