Monday, January 31, 2011

A Reboot......

..... like you, I also have my down days.... Days wherein I would have constant headaches and wished that I had nothing to do.
Days where I couldn't get any inspiration no matter how hard I try. Artist's block as what they call it.  I've been experiencing this for some weeks now.... been wanting to clear my head... a reboot! Of course, I just didn't sit around  and wait... instead, I  said yes
to what dear universe had to offer.


This weekend I got invited by Frank's family to join the 10th birthday celebration of Blashnel at their place in Montalban. I knew it was gonna be a grand experience as always as their family has been really really nice to me eversince I met all of them last year. What do I think of them? Cooler than cool!! One of the coolest families  I know. I've known some of them from my childhood days no wonder I feel at ease with them. They seem to be very fond of my antics and the kids are so fun to play with! With them I'm not ashamed of the crazy things which I do (they even seem to like them). I feel very at home and safe.... I can be myself. Another thing which I really like about them is that they are all very polite and humble. I hope they realize how fortunate they are for having such a happy home. I'm sure many people
would die to have that kind of clan. I am very much honored and blessed to be welcomed by them.

I may say, their place is pristine perfect! It may lack some of the basics for now but frankly speaking, it didn't
really matter, for having them all around plus the fantastic sceneries are more than enough.
My new favorite adobo by Ate She
a very tasty pancit canton
Ate She slicing Joewel's special Maja Blanca

Paypi and the birthday girl Blashnel!

Beans aka: Junatan

the resident loony intruder from the taliban land of Abu Ridu

makes me feel relaxed...

climbing our way to their place

Lana and JingJing

every minute cherished...

Rhea has been really really nice to me since I met her.

another spectacular view

yours truly while realizing how cold the water is....

father and daughter bonding

Blashnel with Pipay

Goofing around with Paul

and Beans of course!

I'm blessed to have been there to capture this moment. I knew I was at the right place and time.

today's drama: a crazy terrorist! lol

me with my hostage! ahahaha  I love this little lady a lot! she acts well too! lol

meet the uncle of the century... Frank

my new chum Julie

Badeth doing her thang!

it just felt sooo right!

Uncle Frank strutting his stuff.... 
and here is the masterpiece

a moment

a product of smart cropping...

priceless....

This place has given me the fresh air and inspiration which I have been searching for. It made me
wanna take meaningful photos once again. I can feel my instincts working more and I can now feel the shots as I click on my shutter. This place made me feel like I'm no photographer but more of
a storyteller. Yes, a storyteller! When I sing a song, I tell a story. When I write songs and lyrics.. I tell stories.
I write articles and tell tales.
When I take photos, I also make more and more stories. My life has been all about telling tales of people and mine.

Photography is but only a part of the other forms of self expression which I'm into.
I may not have recovered from these migraines yet but at least I have filled myself with much gladness.

Honestly speaking, there are also times wherein I wish
I was never an artist so that I can live a more simple life... Sometimes I wonder why some people tell me
how much they wanna be more like me. .. couldn't help but think if my life is really that "ideal" to be
idolized by some.... My life, like yours has its own yins and yangs which we all need to balance to achieve harmony.

hhmmm I guess the only thing which sets me apart from other women is that I'm one of the few females who live with conviction. I have somehow learned not to be threatened by the stupid norms which are still very much clouding the society. I've achieved a balance in a sense that, I see myself as a very modern and liberated woman and at the same time choose to be very conservative in many many ways. I guess I'm not that liberated at all due to my conservative principles and morals which I always defend.
 I'm not saying I'm the best but I do know that 

I'm perfect the way I am... like you!

So my message to those who wanna be like me, thank you for choosing me as your ideal person but  please don't ever dare to be like me because I'd like you all  to be yourselves instead.. like what I did! =)

You can only be yourself  so might as well, invest your energies in developing your gifts rather than being someone you're not. Do your own thing... Cast you own spells and discover the gem in you.

As for my finale  this weekend, I'd like share to you what I had for lunch as sort celebration for surviving yet another chaotic week. It's more than just food for me... it's basically fried fish with red sauce and cheese... but to me it's more of a symbol of something good which I deserve.
Peche Parmigiana: this week's reward

Overall, I'm still very much thankful for everything around me.

May you all have a great week ahead!!





2 comments:

  1. nice shots! parang ang sarap nung food sa last part... wer can I buy dis?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...