Thursday, August 5, 2010

My 1st Pro Food Photography Gig....

I clearly remember that I promised to refrain from taking pictures of food for a while..but just before the week ended..just after I posted my last entry, I got a text message from one of my mentors (Greg Valerio) inviting me to join him on his next project which was to shoot the menu for this newly opened restaurant inside a hotel located somewhere in Intramuros. Without any 2nd thoughts, I immediately re-scheduled my appointment for that day to give way to this rare invitation.

I remember waking up really excited that day.. the weather was never an issue to me. Rain or shine.. if there's a will, there's a way! We were supposed to start after lunch but the chef had to make some preparations. We didn't really mind for we knew the food had to look perfect! Being a food enthusiast myself, I made an effort to get to know the chef so we could exchange some of our ideas and made suggestions on the design etc. Tay Greg was the lead photographer of course then he would let me do some clicks afterwards.

One by one, the chef presented his finest creations.. a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy!
My idea was to present the food in the most appealing way as possible and to make people crave for more!! So before I clicked the shutter, I wanted to satisfy my eyes first.. I had to feel it!! All my shots I may say were from the eyes of a person who is deeply passionate about food.. someone who shares a romance with the culinary arts.

I noticed I love taking tight shots of food for I think, the closer you are, the more we tend to be attracted to it. The more you see the texture of the meat, the freshness of the produce and the brilliance of the sauce, the more you feel like tasting it!

Here are some of the best shots...
No need for detailed descriptions for the photos speak for themselves..
 For starters we have a plate of cold cuts to tickle your taste buds....



















and the chosen beverage.. a tall glass of Watermelon Shake!
A truly refreshing drink!



















Let's now begin with the main courses...

A savory Pork dish garnished with red and green peppers!! yum yum!!!




















Fish Fillet Szechuan style... now this dish really really made me wanna grab and stuff it in my mouth!! The aroma was just sooooo good! Like a man wearing seductive perfume!! It was irresistible!! FUCK!!!

















This next one is also another killer!! Penne Pasta with Shrimps!! Boy oh boy I'm starting to perspire!! Phew!! I believe I need not to tell you on how it tasted (I actually didn't)
















Roast Beef Panini.. another tummy filler!!! Love the fries!




















Next we have a classic Filipino dish.. Sinigang na Hipon (Sour Shrimp Stew).... Had to decorate the sides to give it a fresh feel!


















Pizza has always been on top of my list whenever I eat out!
Here's their version this classic Italian favorite.... topped with fresh zucchinis, mushrooms and a variety of Italian sausages!


















The international favorite.. the famous medium rare steak!!!



















Most steaks go well with seasoned baked potatoes on the side...



















For our sweet ending... A fine delicate serving of  Italian Blueberry Panna Cota...



This shoot was indeed a dream come true for me!

Who would think that this Manila girl who was once exposed to loads of cookbooks during her early years would one day take photos like these? 

I started out as an ordinary food blogger  last year .... eager to show the world her food adventures and culinary secrets.. Never have I imagined that I would one day get serious on taking photos of food!! It's really nice to discover another niche! Makes me feel special!

So far, I get a lot of praises on my food photos.. I know I'm still not an expert so I'm very much willing to learn!

Food Photography is definitely one of my fortes and I aim to show you far better and more tempting shots next time! I only started photography roughly 4 months ago so I'm certain to improve in the days to come..

I just have to stay focused and committed in learning this art.

I am definitely hungry.. not just for food but for more knowledge. Who knows? I may become a  professional food photographer for real!!!! That sounds like a cool 2nd job!!!!!

I hope you liked this entry! Please tell me what you think of the shots!!! I'm dying to hear your comments!


4 comments:

  1. knock, knock, knockin' on tummy's door dear heaven!

    "Penne Pasta with Shrimps" was the killer shot!



    Ur on the right track, happy clickin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, all of these shots made me hungry! I wanna eat!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. ",,,,:)))ohh!. . Wow!. come on baby! come on yeahh!! Mmmm
    I love you Pizza!!!!. . . ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...