Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Whenever I Need My Quiet Times...

People know me as a very loud and highly talkative person but believe me... I do also value quiet time. Oftentimes, I find myself
longing for peace and quiet where I just want to focus on my thoughts... these are my finest hours for these are the times where
I can really think and reflect on the things I've been doing. Usually during these times, I highly have the urge to write...songs, random lyrics, notes, things to do, poems etc. Here's a little trivia: I always carry a small notepad and a dependable pen with me wherever I go. You'll never know when inspirations knocks so I better be prepared.

This week, I'm gonna take you to a favorite place of mine. A vegan cafe located at Cubao Expo called the Green Halo. Though I'm not a vegan myself,  find this place quite relaxing due to its small space and ambiance.It's the perfect place to meet up with a friend if you intend to talk for hours. It's a quiet an artsy place where you can also enjoy healthy guilt-free dishes.

During this particular visit, I met up with deary Dad and just chatted the whole time. It's so nice to have such cool parents who treat you like a pal!

They serve fresh delectable vegan dishes that will surely help you relax and chill.

Let me show you around...

For starters.. we ordered fries with pesto sauce (80php)! I love their pesto a lot! yum yum!!!
I'm glad that even Dad appreciated the pesto. He's not really very adventurous when it comes to food like me.





Next we ordered Vegan Pizza (100php) I wasn't really happy with it for it was sooo tiny!!!
And the taste wasn't also very impressive. I do hope they would make the serving bigger and use real pizza dough next time.


Next on the menu, we have their Vegan Burger (95php) which usually comes with either rice or mashed potatoes. However during this visit, I requested them to gimme whole wheat bread and pesto dip instead. I actually enjoyed this a lot! Their burger is made from banana pulp.. hmmm it was ok but very different from real meat ofcourse. My only suggestion is that I hope they could make it less oily.



yum yum!! I really love their pesto dip!! You may ask them for more! Free of charge!

As for our beverage, obviously we had tea... very relaxing!!
















Oh before I forget.. here's the reason why I love hanging out here... let me show you around...

As you see, the place is very small. Very intimate. I think they only have around 4-5 tables.


My favorite seat... It may not be the coziest in the world but I do feel safe whenever I sit on it!

The interiors are quite simple.. quite artsy.


Ahhhh... what a way to kill time. I feel very inspired to write lyrics and stuff here.
You should pay a visit if you feel you wanna be alone.
I still couldn't get over their pesto dip. hehehe goes perfectly with toasted bread.


Catch you here in the coming weekends!!

ciao!!


Love,
Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...