Monday, June 21, 2010

A letter to my future child....

Year 2040
My dear child,

I hope that you are at the best of health by the time this letter reaches you.
The year now is 2010 and Noynoy Aquino have just been elected as president of the country. As early as this,  I would like you to know that I've already dreamed of you countless times and prayed to have you finally someday.That even before you were conceived, I have already loved you and longed to embrace you ever so tightly... Believe it or not, one of my dreams in life is to be able to personally teach you everything I know from the arts which I am deeply passionate with....music, singing, writing, photography, cooking and all the wisdom which I learned from your grandparents and the wisdom life itself taught me all throughout the years. How I longed to witness the day when you click the shutter for the 1st time. The day when you learn how to write the ABC's...to guide your hand while you draw your 1st pictures..to teach you how to flip a pancake... to read stories and sing you lullabies til you fall asleep... to send you on your 1st day of school while your father and I work hard to provide you with the best of everything in life.

I hope that by this time, me and your father have raised you well and have taught you the ways of the world.
You are the continuation of our lives.. you are our eternity and you are the fruit of our love.
As I am writing this letter, I want you to know that I just turned 30yrs old. I'm still single and have no idea on who your father will be. I'm still on a voyage in search of him.. or perhaps we are both on a journey in finding each other. I guess we would have to wait until destiny would lead us to each others arms.
I do want to assure you though that your father will truly be the man that I will love 2 days after forever. That I have chosen him well only for you.

There are precious lessons my child that I would like to share to you... Lessons which made me stronger as I faced the hurdles which tried to cripple me.

Do not be disillusioned with the norms people are imprisoned with. No matter what they say, only you and you alone have control over your life and your happiness. Your father and I will only be here to guide you as you find your place in the sun. Do not let yourself wander the world aimlessly... your every breath, every thought, every word and every move should be fueled by passion which is coming from within.. burning deep inside you. There should always be meaning and purpose for that is why we are here. Follow your bliss and use the gifts that are innately yours.. do all of these but do it with all humility and with conviction. Respect my child, respect is something which must be given to everyone.

You are perfect! Never ever limit your capabilities just because of this lie. You are a perfectly sane and rational being.. You dictate what is beautiful for you. Be proud of who you are and where you came from. Whether or not you fit the usual standard of beauty..whatever they say is immaterial for there is something special in each one of us which cannot be seen by the naked eye.

Strive my child to always be true especially to yourself. Believe and stick to the ideals which me and your father will teach you.  Never ever live a lie for lies will only lead you away from people. At the end of the day, it'll always be about the relationships which you have with others so always strive to be trustworthy and be a friend to everyone.

I did not live a usual life my child. I do not intend to write them all in detail for
I do not want to re-live the past but like your grandparents, I've learned about life and love the hard way. I am not ashamed to say that I have stumbled so many times for they have molded me into what I've become... a free thinking highly creative loving being. I hope you will always strive to seek only the goodness which the world always provides. Shut your eyes in order to see.

Whatever happens my dear child, I will make sure that this letter reaches you for I intend to let you know 30 years before you were born how precious you are. Wherever you may be while reading this letter, I hope that above all, you are with happy with your chosen field and with the people you love. I will do my best to personally hand you this letter but if I fail to do so, surely I have chosen a person  whom I know will find you and make sure you receive this at the right time.

I love you my child. I will always be here to look after you for I am part of you.
After I finish writing this letter, I will continue my quest in finding your father so that I could be a step closer to you.  You will be the continuation of our lives.. our eternity and the fruit of our love....I hope my child, you will continue the love story which me and your father will start and the legacy which I will plant in this world. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to finally hold you in my arms....

Love always,
Mommy Mae

3 comments:

  1. this got me teary eyed... i feel you! you're future child will be so much proud to have you as his/her mom! God Bless!

    i'm ur new fan now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you LJ for reading my entry. lumuha ako nang husto while writing this. I will do my best to be a good mom in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive...I hope your going to have that proud child in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...