Friday, June 4, 2010

Headstart For Happiness......

I'm happy.

Simply happy for the things I've got! The people around me are my greatest assets.
My life is filled with so many things to be grateful for. I'm too busy appreciating what God is showing me everyday..perhaps the reason why He never stops showing me more and more beautiful things is because I choose to see them.
I find joy in as simple as looking at how the cloud formations would differ each day for I see them as real life paintings done by God to remind me that He still performs miracles every single day. I find joy with every smile I receive from people I dunno.. probably because I myself am generous enough to give them one as well. I find joy in indulging myself with the simplest of foods. Eating Chocnut or instant pancit canton could bring me to bliss!  Eating by using my hands pinoy style gives me so much satisfaction!!! ahahaha

Hey, like what I've said in my previous entry, I'm no hypocrite! I always aim to be true to myself! I'm a normal person like you. I'm not exempted from the sad and frustrating realities of life. I also have monthly bills to settle,my mom to support financially and emotionally. Like you, I have to budget my finances to make ends meet and I have to patiently handle difficult, irrational and often demanding people who seem to find fulfillment in hurting and treating me unjustly. Like you, I encounter life's "shits" on a daily basis.  I do have feelings too you know? I also feel hurt.. I'm actually very sensitive. Somehow I've come to realize and accept the fact that the only thing we could control is ourselves.. our emotions. It's really true!

I've been receiving so many comments lately on how I give people the impression that life is just easy. They often tell me, " Mae, how do you do it? You're so busy with a lot of things. Do you still sleep? You're living your life to the fullest!" Well, whenever I hear those statements, I feel glad and sad. Glad because of course it's always nice to receive a pat on the shoulder. Sad because I feel a sorry for them... I can't seem to understand why they aren't enjoying their lives when I'm sure they're earning more than me,  and have no obligations to fulfill. It's never really about money or material stuff..

Let me tell you a little secret of mine. Happiness can only be achieved when you are able to manage 2 things. Your fears and the relationships you have with others.

Fear perhaps is our greatest enemy. And you can only conquer your fears by controlling your mind and start thinking rationally.. like what you should be! Act your age! When you allow fear to rule your mind, you limit yourself from being free to express yourself! Allow yourself to give to the world! Do not care with what others might think....it's You who will ultimately dictate your happiness! Self expression my dear.. that's the key! The worst thing you can do is to deprive yourself! Reward yourself as much as possible, as often as possible! Have courage! Believe it or not, according to a recent study, most senior citizens regret having not done what they wanted during their prime years. Why? Because they were too scared to take the risk. "I regret not doing this. I should have loved more. I regret not saying this and that... I should have studied blah blah blah" Regrets, regrets.. the list goes on and on. Why? Because they were imprisoned in fear. Would you like to end up like them? Think again! *wink* Sing! Dance! Paint! Take pictures! Write! Act! Play! Eat! Make love! Do whatever the hell you want! Feel it! Live it! Love it! Do it with attitude!!

"If you don’t have happy relationships, you’ll never be happy.
No matter how rich you are.
No matter how religious you are.
No matter how much you achieve in life.
No matter how beautiful you are.
... No matter how intelligent you get.
At the end of the day, your life is all about relationships."

This statement is just drop dead true. No arguments whatsoever. We have to build good relations with others. It's really a learning process. Even I am not exempted! It can be a real struggle for many! We all have our own set of values and beliefs so most of the time we end up misinterpreting or being misinterpreted by others. Most of the time, we unintentionally hurt other people's feelings. The key here perhaps is Honesty. Be true! You have to be true to yourself to be humble enough to admit your mistakes and say sorry. We should learn to admit our mistakes. With honesty, you gain the wisdom to respect and understand why the person did it. Yes, we have to still respect them no matter how pissed we are because of their set of beliefs and values. We have to be humble enough to swallow our pride when apologizing or even when forgiving someone. Some people believe that people never change from their evil ways.. I would have to disagree! We can change if we want to. And people usually change for the better only when they start thinking rationally.. when they start being true to themselves.
We have to learn to trust people. Encourage them, motivate them. Push them to strive more. Listen to them. Compliment them for a job well done. Confront them when necessary. Be loyal to them and show genuine concern.Be true!

Happiness is what we all deserve! Yes! I am celebrating life! But honestly, of course, I'm still wishing for some things which I wanna experience....
I'd like to have the luxury of time to sit back and witness more sunsets while I ponder on the blessings I have. I'd like to have more time to express myself freely. To sing more, dance more, write songs, capture precious moments, laugh more, to love more and share my art and ideas to the world!!

And when it is time for me to settle down, I'd like to have the chance to experience giving birth while my husband holds my hand. To kiss and embrace my newly born child. To become a housewife so I could dedicate my life to my husband and kids. To be the 1st person to kiss and greet my husband each waking day! To read bedtime stories 'til my kids fall asleep. To cook them good old comfort food, bake cookies and cakes for my whole family to enjoy! To still date my husband until we get old! To hold his hand until my last breath. To look back at my life when I'm 70+ without having any regrets! In time I know.. they will all be achieved. No pressure!

If you noticed, the things which I wanna achieve in life aren't material things at all........they are all about experiences, self expression, precious moments, relationships, love and good memories.
Good memories are all I can give. Probably the reason why I'm so addicted to photography these days (a hint to what I'm gonna write about next! ahihihii)

May we all start conquering our fears and work on having better relationships so we could all swiftly sail this journey to happiness!

Love love and more love to you and your family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...