Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Like A Piece Of Cake!

I'm no hypocrite.

I know how it is to feel lonesome and cry for depression has been my mistress for the longest time.
It was then until this year when happiness once again knocked at my door. I'd have to admit, loneliness would
still pay me a visit once in a while. Today I witnessed tears falling from my eyes once again.. and the weird thing is, I don't exactly know what the hell I'm feeling! Joy and lament intertwined.. Joy probably because I found myself in a situation I never imagined I would be into. Lament I guess because I feel I'm being judged and treated unfairly. I cried all the way to work today. I even had to phone a friend for some help. Hey! It's part of living... that's the beauty of life.. and I'm entitled to feel everything so I have to acknowledge it and go through it like everybody does. I know I can't please everyone.. I don't really give a shit but of course, like you, I have feelings too and believe it or not, I'm highly sensitive.

In some occasions, like what I'm going through these days.... confusion came along with loneliness so I need a little push and more energy in order to help me cope with it. I really dunno which came-in first.. who invited who? Oh what the hell!? Must be the hormones again kickin' in! Ohhh I just love being a woman! ahahaha Women are magical beings indeed that's why we drive men crazy! BWAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

As I've said, in these occasions wherein there's an inner battle to be fought, what I do is seek refuge in a place where I can find peace and tranquility... and that place would be in any cafe with cakes to die for! hahahahah No kidding, I'm dead serious!

To help me win these brain smashing mind games, what I do is help my genius nuts by feeding it with lots and lots of sugar!!! Yeah that's right..... sugar! sugar! sugar! Cake! Cake! Cake!

I'm so fascinated with cakes... they're more like edible artworks for me. A feast not only for the eyes but also for the soul. They remind me how simple life should be... as the old saying goes, "Life is a piece of cake!"  Perhaps the reason why I choose to eat cake when I'm sad is because it reminds me that life is indeed a piece of cake. It somehow fills the emptiness inside me, reassuring me that I'm not alone.


I'd ponder with the matter as I savor each bite and believe it or not, I do feel better after having a slice and a cup of calming tea. I hunger for solitude at times so I can weigh things better... think more rational. I guess we all need this once in a while.We have to make sure that our sanity is intact!

This is what a cake is for me..

Beautiful- a feast for the eyes
Delicate- for you have to handle it with care, Irresistible and inviting - for it arouses curiosity.. makes you crave for more! Who could ever resist such a treat?
Mysterious -  for the fact that you can't figure out why you wanna taste it despite not knowing what's in it! Unpredictable - for the sudden burst of mixed  flavors and textures tickling all sensations.. full of surprises!
Filling- for the satisfaction you get in every serving.
Energizing - for the renewed strength it provides



....hey, come to think of it, these words also best describe ME! I guess I'm a cake after all! No wonder!


 In times when you feel like the whole world has turned against you or when the people who matter to you chose another path leaving you right in the middle of nowhere, the best thing to do I believe is to just broaden your understanding and humbly forgive. RESPECT is the key I think.. for we have to somehow understand and respect why they did it in the first place. They have their reasons for sure and we don't even need to know exactly what they are.. we just have to respect it and be happy with it! It doesn't mean that you surrendered or gave up on them.. it's just that  you also have to go your own way.... your own path to happiness with or without them. Don't wait! Just go with the flow. Keep on moving. Because no matter which road you take, if it's really meant to happen, then surely your paths would cross again. I know it's hard to digest but it's as simple as that. In time, it would all fall into its proper places. If it's destined, then a way shall be made!

I know that for as long as I'm alive, I will keep on facing more and more challenges and battles. But at least I know that with each battle won, I'd have an upgraded armor to help me conquer the ones ahead.


 Have FAITH my friend... sprinkle your life with a little FAITH....for trials are there to set us FREE! Allow nature to take its natural course. As I said earlier, if it's destined to be... then a way shall be made. It'll be shown to you and all you have to do is prepare for that day! Prepare yourself for the blessings that are to come!

So since this entry revolved around cakes, might as well give it a sweet ending.....

Weird as it may seem.. my advice is to see yourself as a slice of cake... go on!
Be admired. Allow others to have a piece of you. Let them know your worth. Share
what you got. Fill them with much joy and satisfaction and let them crave for MORE!!!!

I feel much much better now...... =)

Thank you for allowing me to share myself to you once again! I hope you liked this entry
as much as I did and hope to hear a comment from you!

MWUUAAAHHHHH!!! chup! chup!

Sweet as always,
Mae



2 comments:

  1. I loooove cakes! Have you tried Conti's? Absolutely divine! Their Choco Walnut Torte pwned my former fave Goldilocks' Choco Cherry Torte :D Some say their Mango Bravo is more awesome, but I haven't tried that yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Conti's!!! I like their peach walnut torte! Their Mango Bravo used to be great but the last time I visited (a few weeks ago) I was quite disappointed. Parang puro icing nalang. hihihihi tara cake nga tyo nina mami sha! we plan to meet on Fri coz I dont have work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...