Monday, November 8, 2010

A Portrait Of The Real Mae

Allow me to introduce myself....



I play a lot of roles in this world.

I'm a professional singer, a songwriter

 

a teacher

a team manager
 To some I am a role model,I have a handful of fans but never considered myself as a celebrity, an elder sister, a confidant, a trustworthy friend, a responsible daughter, a passionate lover, a romantique at heart,
an animal lover, an epicurean.

I make time to hone my photography skills,
I love cooking. 

Going on trips. Long bus rides. Experiencing all sorts of new stuff. I find joy in writing my thoughts on paper. I tend to come up with my own ideas rather than wasting time recycling works made by people I never knew.

I find joy in isolating myself as long as I have something to write on. I talk to myself in the form of writing and poetry. So if you are reading this, you are actually talking with the real me.

I rarely keep secrets. My life in an open book. I'm proud of my roots despite the shitty things I've surpassed for they molded me into who I am now.

I wish not to be complicated though some people find me odd. Even my mom thinks I'm odd. Mana mana lang yan~!                                                                                                                                                 I there is something with me and my hands which I photograph from time to time. Random weirdness or maybe awaiting a ring to be given by someone in the future.


Aside from hands, love it when I take half-faced portraits.... I find it very mysterious and very personal!


  I love to laugh! Especially at myself! I don't mind looking silly at times! I find shy people missing out a lot in what life has to offer.
  
                                                                                                                                                                    I enjoy alcohol from time to time. I'm not alcoholic though. I enjoy feeling tipsy!
 

I'm not the type of girl who finds joy in shopping for designer stuff. I do admire "kikays" who express themselves freely but I ain't one. I'm very practical when it comes to fashion. I do like shopping... grocery shopping that is. I can spend an entire day in the grocery! There is something about food and  home that fascinates me. Probably because I ultimately see myself as a homemaker one day. A domestic goddess, a wife.. a mom.

I was never an academic achiever especially in high school. I never considered myself as a highly intelligent person though I know I have a highly developed brain due to my creativity skills.
  


But if I were to describe myself in one word, I would say, I'm an ARTIST! .. and damn proud of it!
 
 

There are also things which I dislike about myself.... and I acknowledge all of them with all humility.

I am often visited by misery  and negativity due to my highly emotional nature. I easily get hurt on the simplest words but is always ready to forgive given the proper apology.

I tend to be highly stubborn with the things and the people I'm not interested with. Some people see me as a snob. I really don't mind.

I tend to be very impatient, patience is something I have yet to learn.

I wish I could be more vocal when I'm angry. I tend to avoid confrontations for I know nothing can ever be solved with anger but I wish sometimes, I could just openly tell people how mad they made me feel.


Wish I could be more neat with my things. God I'm sooo stubborn!

I'm not good with saving money though I don't really overspend. I could never resist a good deal especially if it's something for self improvement.
I also don't mind spending a good meal with a friend whom I love.


Wish I could be more interested in reading books or novels. I'm a visual person..  I have dominant left brain. I tend to get sleepy without seeing pictures.

I tend to be an escapist especially when I'm hurt. I find it hard to accept things and forget the past. I am highly sentimental.

I like inflicting myself with emotional pain... I dunno why but I enjoy it. Perhaps because I believe that the more pain you undergo, the more victory you will reap once you've recovered. Pleasure obtained from suffering.. call me a masochist!

I tend to be so fickle minded!! I hate myself when I am!

I'm too lazy to exercise!!! ahuhuhuu

I hate myself when I'm pessimistic!  I often argue with my inner demons. It just doesn't feel right!


Frustrations?
I do have a few more which I wish to venture on in the future....

I wanna learn to act. Formally. To be in a musical is one thing I wanna experience. Years ago, I auditioned for Ms. Saigon. I was praised by Cameron Machintosh but wasn't accepted due to my lack of theater background and ultra short hair. Damn it!

I wanna be a dancer. I used to be in the school dance troupe in my early years. Dunno why I didn't continue when I reached high school. I did join the dance club when I was a freshie however, the senior bitches dominated the club so I was demotivated. I'd like to learn modern jazz if time and money permits.

Plans? Wishes? Dreams?
I never run out of them... I dream of them every single day! They inspire me to keep on going

To have my own kitchen complete with 4 burners, a nice marbled counter top, a complete set of good quality knives, a dependable oven, all the herbs within reach, a complete set of teflon pans, glasswares, silverwares and bright colored ceramic and wooden plates. I also want it to have some high chairs so my kids would watch me as I cook their meals. I can't wait to see the look on their faces right after I take out something out of the oven!

A house with a music room. The best thing that ever happened during my childhood perhaps is when my mom gave me the freedom to do whatever I want... I spent most of my time in our music room where I would practice and listen to music. It's also the place where I would dance my worries away for it had a huge mirror covering the whole wall. Looked more like a carpeted dance studio.I'd like my kids to experience the same freedom I enjoyed. I'd like them to grow with art and music as a big part of their lives. I don't mind having kids who will become artists when they grow up I just hope my future hubby won't mind either.


To successfully produce an album of the songs I wrote. Before I retire from singing, this is something I seriously wanna complete. I wanna leave a good legacy to the kids.


A photo studio. Aside from a music room, I also wish to have a separate room exclusively for photography.. for portraits and food photography to be more precise. It'll be like a "lab" as I picture it. The mere thought of it excites me!


Another thing which I desire is to see a portrait which reflects the real me. It's really gonna be a challenge. I do have quite a number of good shots taken from my friends but I'm certain I have yet to see the perfect one!



6 comments:

  1. Continue to be proud of who and what you are,
    nothing can be as sweeter in life as to have your own identity...
    Keep and treasure friends,
    no one can know you better but them...
    Remain true to yourself and be an inspiration,
    it doesn't hurt to touch lives once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am highly sentimental too...nakarelate ako ms. mae..galing! share mo nmn knowledge mo sa pgotography. I love taking pictures too.hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahahaha! wala ako masabi kakakakakakakakakakatatatatatatawawwaawawawawa! hahahahahahahahah! aliw ako sa pics mo!- lani

    ReplyDelete
  4. parang hindi convincing kapag nagagalit ako!! nakakatawa parin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeing this blog reminds me how lucky i am to have you as a friend ;)..
    >o diba magkaibigan nga..pareho tayong madrama! bwahaha :)) ~naomi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being sentimental and emotional is not that bad...as long as it does not ruined you. Fighting!!! hahhahaha wala lang just being emotional...that's how you affected me...hehehehe *Mara*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...