Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Other Side....

Today was like a dream come true.... I got to stay the whole day in the house!!!

I made it a point not to have any appointments so I can tidy up the place and focus on my cooking.
I've decided to make my weekly cooking show again. I find it really exciting and it seems I've been responsible for making my friends go hungry due to the irresistible food photos which I've been posting on Facebook. I noticed that my friends have been asking me for the recipes so I've decided to make videos like a real cooking show should (I'm in need of a producer so my show can be seen on tv!!).

Oh before I forget, Badeth came over again for dinner yesterday so I prepared a nice meal for us... I made my very own Rosemary Fried Chicken with Sour Cream Salsa. It's a dish I've been preparing since high school and I'm really proud of it! You see, I'm the kind of person who likes to break-away from the usual stuff so I also do my best to offer something more than the usual catchup and gravy. I'm glad that Badeth loves my cooking so does Frank and his family. I hope I can cook for Mitch one of these days when I get the chance to see her.
crispy herbed chicken with delicate creamy sauce......

I'm glad Badeth loved it!!

Ok ok... so today I'd like to show you a very intimate side of me..... a peek at my everyday life here at the unit.... 

I started the day with a heaping cup of coffee (I started drinking coffee last week) plus a spoonful of cream and lots of sinful cinnamon!! Waaaaaaaahhhhh (no wonder my friends call me sosyal)
not your usual cup...

indulging myself with much cinnamon
I took a quick shower then cleaned the bathroom!
I really enjoy hot showers in this place. I also enjoy keeping it tidy and smelling good!!! (obviously a bathroom OC arrrghhh!!!)
nothing beats a warm bath

keepin' it all squeeky clean....

Next I had to deal with the sink problem I've been having the whole week! Thanks to Mr. Muscle for saving the day!!! hehhehehhehe (Seeing my sink A-OK really made me feel fulfilled!)
hoooray for Mr Muscle!!!! (I feel like a housewife! lols)

Then, I'm glad to see that my dishes have already dried! I also cleaned and polished the sink and the cooking counters. I applied a surface cleaner/disinfectant so I can assure that my food is bacteria safe.
yey!!!
certified kitchen OC!!!

the stove exhaust is so helpful!!!

gotta keep those utensils ready for war....
toothpicks... you'll never know when you need one

After making sure that all is squeeky clean, it was time to start cooking....
I found some left over brown rice (the healthiest variety as they say) at the cooker so I thought I should make some fried rice so I don't have to throw it away. I quickly opened the fridge to find some ingredients. Luckily, I found that I have a lot of stuff waiting to be picked. I did some grocery shopping yesterday and bought random stuff in preparation for my sudden culinary creativity moments.
I love collecting gourmet herbs and spices....

I always see to it that the fridge has enough food.. can't go wrong with eggs
 I found some chinese chorizo, bell peppers, parsley, eggs and oyster sauce..... So that's it!! Perfect!! It's gonna be Chinese Chorizo Fried Rice for lunch then!!! I knew I had to document it so I may show it to you so I grabbed my cam and started clickin'!!!
i always stock some chorizos just in case

also.... keeping fresh produce in the chiller is a must
toss them all in your wok!
add in your left over rice ( it's a sin to throw away food)

beat some eggs and pour in it.... place it on one side of your pan and allow it to set before mixing it with the gang

touch it up with a healthy dose of Oyster Sauce for that Oriental feel
tadah!!!! my instant Lazy Sunday lunch!!!!!
 
the other side of me..
Waaaaahhhh this is the life.....
there's this big part of me which enjoys being at home. I like going out yeah... to experience new things and connect with others... it will always be part of me of course but I always wanna see to it that I enjoy "me" time... a time to connect with my inner-self... to reflect on what I've done so far so I can think about things and plan what needs to be done.
Unlike many attention whores out there, I feel that I've established myself so far.... I don't really have to prove myself too much anymore. I'm glad that I've established a good reputation over the years due to my passion and dedication to my craft. I'm glad that everything is going pretty well... no pressures whatsoever. I believe as of now, I just have to continue on persevering with my passions... and that is to pursue my art and make the world a better place to live-in.....
.... how will I do it??...... by just being my own sweet SELF.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, next time Ate Mae sana makatikim din ako nyan! Mwah miss you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Mae! Thanks for sharing your life! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @krissy: yes of course, one of these weekends!!
    @kathy: you're very much welcome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...