Monday, August 3, 2009

The Not So New City Food House

I've been receiving a lot of requests lately on when I'm gonna feature this restaurant. So here it is! This week's feature is all about NEW CITY FOOD HOUSE located along Kalayaan Avenue near Kamias Road in Quezon City.

There's definitely nothing new with this restaurant. In fact, it's one of the oldest places I know. Way way back in 1987, my Dad took me to this place. If I remember right, this is where I had my first Lumpiang Shanghai. It's my first time to eat in a restaurant for "real" people. In my last article, I mentioned I was a spoiled brat when I was young.... I had this reputation for being "maldita" and "mata pobre" due to my addiction to Filipino soap operas such as "Anna Lisa" and "Mga Batang Yagit." It made such a huge impact on me that I thought being mean to poor people was completely normal!! Silly me!!

Anyway, after all these years, this restaurant NEVER changed!!! I swear!No renovations whatsoever!! Hahahah

But the food is superb!!!
If you're looking for good old comfort food at very affordable prices, a 24 hr place to meet your "queridas," or simply just hang out... this place is just PERFECT!!









Let's take a look at the specialties....


Looks like chicken, tastes like chicken but it ain't chicken!!! It's FISH!!! Their Breaded Fish Fillet is actually Jr's personal favorite! It costs only 123 pesos!!










Torta Galina (69 pesos)
-This dish is truly a winner! It's basically an omelet loaded with all sorts of vegies and meat made extra special with their secret sauce. Best eaten with their Shanghai Rice.



















Calamares

-Their batter is just fine I guess, not too salty.
I think the most important thing in cooking seafood is that you have to assure its freshness.









Shanghai Fried Rice
-I always order this each time I visit! It's very affordable and tasty!










Fried Tofu (10 pesos each)
-I wasn't very satisfied with this one 'coz
the tofu was not fresh.












Sizzling Beef w/ Vegetables
- Honestly, I didn't wanna include this but what the heck! At least, you know what NOT to order. hehehe









Hotdog Sandwich
-I was actually expecting a Jumbo Hotdog in a hotdog bun but this was what I got.... hmmm reminds me of what I used to eat in school during my elementary days. I'd usually bully my seatmate so he'd share his baon with me.










Well well, our tummies are once again satisfied!
(burp!)












We hope that the management would somehow change the light bulbs or fix the sign......











The New City Food House is located along Kalayaan Avenue, between Kamias Road and V.Luna Street.

Additional tips:
1. Be patient with the wait staff... they tend to be "slow." This is not a 5 star restaurant so don't expect excellent service. They're polite but "slow"

2. Double check your total bill! Trust me!!



Here's the menu......





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...